How to use webrick upload tool
- Step 1: Select an upload mode
- Step 2: Upload the part list file from your computer
- Step 3: Check the match result
- Step 4: Download the unavailable parts
- Step 5: Checkout all available parts
One of the things we’re most proud of here at Webrick is our upload tool. It offers a quick convenient way for customers to upload a large list of parts for their projects. If you’re new to our site or using a parts list to order alternative bricks, there’s no need to worry. We’ve created this guide to help you get started with your order.
First, you’re going to need a parts list to upload. One of the most popular places to acquire a list of parts is a site like Rebrickable, where you can export the parts under the inventory tab in several different file formats. Parts lists can also be obtained from other third-party websites which sell MOC instructions.
Below is a list of the formats our upload tool supports.
- Studio(.ldr; .csv; .xml)
- LEGO Digital Designer(.lxf; .BOM)
- Rebrickable(.csv; .xml)
- Custom made xlsx, xls
Begin by choosing which mode you’d like the tool to use when selecting parts from your list. We have four to choose from, and your choice will affect the price, your order processing time, and which brand of parts you receive.
- Pure default - Your order will only contain pieces from our default stock. The upload tool will only match with parts from our default stock (default bricks are selected carefully from different factories and brands like sembo, kazi, decool etc; The processing time is 2 - 3 days)
- Pure Gobricks - Your order will only contain pieces from Gobricks. The upload tool will only match with parts from Gobricks (the processing time is a little bit longer, requiring 7 - 12 days)
- Gobricks priority - The tool will prioritize parts from Gobricks. Gobricks parts will be prioritized, but any out-of-stock parts will be substituted with bricks from our default stock. So the match rate will be higher.
- Price priority - The tool will select whichever parts are the cheapest. The cheaper parts will be prioritized, but any out-of-stock parts will be substituted with bricks from the other source.
Tip: Using “Pure default” or “Pure Gobricks” can limit the number of available parts. “Gobricks priority” and “Price priority” will result in a higher completion rate of your parts list.
Upload the file from your computer
After choosing which mode you’d like to use, click on “Browse for file” and select your parts list. Uploading the list will typically take around 10 seconds or less. Once the process has finished, you’ll be presented with the results.
Check the match result
Here, you’ll see how many of your parts are available, a detailed list of every part, the quantity, the price of each individual part, and the total price for each quantity.
Check the parts that are out of stock and download to find on elsewhere
There is also an overview of the parts that are out of stock. Parts can be unavailable for many reasons, sometimes it is due to lack of sufficient stock, while other times it is simply a color our vendors do not produce or a printed piece.
No matter what the reason, you can click on “Out of stock parts” in the results screen and view the part number and color ID. We also provide a handy way to export the missing pieces to an XML file which can be used on Bricklink to fill in for the parts we don’t stock
Buy all available parts with one click
The final step is to add the parts to your cart and to choose whether you want to continue uploading more lists or proceed to checkout.